Hearing aid fitting and orientation
Our hearing aid fitting and orientation protocol is designed to ensure a satisfactory hearing aid fitting and transition to hearing aid use. Approximately ten to fourteen days after the hearing aids are ordered, you will return to CTENT for hearing aid fitting and orientation appointment that will last up to one hour. During the appointment, your audiologist will:
- Program your hearing aids based on your hearing test results.
- Fine-tune your hearing aids based on your perception of volume and clarity.
- Provide thorough hearing aid counseling and orientation to teach you how to use and care for your new hearing aids.
- Review hearing aid features, function, use and care.
- Establish bluetooth connectivity and provide wireless streaming and app use instruction.
- Review proper expectations and suggestions to assist you during the adjustment period.
During the 30-day adjustment period, it is important that you return to CTENT for appropriate follow-up appointments to assure that the hearing aids are adjusted properly.
"Great service"- V.C. / Google / Apr 28, 2023
"The office staff is very friendly and personable with a very relaxed atmosphere. I was very impressed with Dr Wu and would highly recommend him. He takes his time with you, he’s very knowledgable and has a great bedside manner."- J.H. / Google / Apr 27, 2023
"Dr Wu removed my Left Thyroid this morning my procedure went very smoothly. Dr Wu & all the nurses Dr Le & Brent the Anesthesiologist were super sweet and caring. Dr Wu & everyone took excellent care of me I’m forever thankful and grateful 😇 Dr Wu is super awesome he made sure if I had any questions & asked how I was feeling I told him that I was nervous he said not to worry everything will be fine. He bedside manner is 💯+ amazingly fantastic he truly cares for his patients. If you’re having issues with your thyroid look no further Dr Wu is the Doctor you need and will take good care of you! Thanks to Dr Wu and everyone who took care of me today❤️🙏🏽"- N.D. / Google / Apr 26, 2023
"Highly recommend! Everyone was friendly and had a smile! Dr. Wu listened to my concerns and took the time to explain things in detail. Great experience!"- B.B. / Google / Apr 26, 2023
"Dr.Wu was very kind and informative .His office staff were as well. I was very nervous and they were extremely understanding ,to try and calm my fears."- K.B. / Google / Apr 22, 2023
Follow Up Care
We would like to see you for follow-up appointments at least as often as listed below:
• Two weeks after the hearing aid fitting
- You will report how the hearing aids are performing, if you are experiencing any issues that need to be resolved. Hearing aid modifications and reprogramming will be completed if indicated.
• Near the end of the 30-day adjustment period
- By the end of the first 30 days, adjustment to the new hearing aids should be nearly complete. During this appointment, Live Speech Mapping will be completed to verify audibility is appropriate at all frequencies requiring amplification. Hearing aid modifications and reprogramming will be completed if indicated.
• Six months after the hearing aid fitting, and every six months thereafter
- Your hearing aids will be cleaned and checked for proper functioning and dehumidified. Hearing aid modifications and reprogramming will be completed if indicated.